Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Tribute to Home Canning

I love canning, harvesting and preserving. I can remember my mom and grandmother canning together every Summer and Fall. I always loved it because the kitchen smelled so good and they made the work fun.

Now I like to can because it makes me feel connected to all those past generations of women who canned every year. It was a necessity, preserving the bounty of the garden to feed their family though the Winter. It's a tradition, a pleasure, green living and a connection to the past. Not to mention that it all tastes sooo much better than anything you can buy!

Do you have memories of your mother or grandmother canning? Do you can? Share your stories, I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, stop by again soon!
Wishing you all the best, Tina from CherryPrairie