Monday, September 15, 2014

Living Farmhouse Style in Surburbia

I live in a small 1960s ranch style tract house with a large yard. I love the idea of country living but not the inconvenience of traveling long distances to shopping, the doctor's office, etc. I tried that and really didn't like driving in the snow to get to town, having the deer eat all the vegetables or not having water when the electricity went out and the electric well pump couldn't run. So I've tried to take all the parts of the country life that I like and incorporate them into my suburban existence. 

To me farmhouse living means simplicity, connecting to the earth and doing what you can with your own two hands.

I'm not living in rural America but that's okay, I'm pretty happy with our own personal blend of suburbia and country! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, stop by again soon!
Wishing you all the best, Tina from CherryPrairie