Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Knitting Myself a Vintage Hat

I decided to knit myself a warm hat. I hate stocking caps and all the others that cover your whole head. When I pull one of those off my head my hair gets full of static and sticks out everywhere! I remembered having a headband type of hat that tied under my chin when I was little. So I started looking for a pattern.
Some of them were not wide enough and the one that I found that was perfect had already been sold. While on one of my weekly trips to the thrift store (searching for vintage sewing patterns to stock my shop of course) I found this book with several hat patterns, yay!


I decided to make the one shown in the picture below on the left. But I didn't want a snowflake design so I left that out. I'm knitting it in blue yarn with a white edging.

Now, I have to tell you that I haven't knitted anything in a really long time. I didn't even remember how to cast on correctly! And except for the part that I had to pull out and redo, I've been going along pretty well. In fact I'm almost done with the blue and will soon be ready to crochet the edging and tie strings. I'll post a picture when it's finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, stop by again soon!
Wishing you all the best, Tina from CherryPrairie